Friday, March 2, 2007

Shades of Grey


One ponders over life,
The frantic question craving to be realized
The desolate feeling of helplessness and despair
Immutable, palpable beyond repair

What is my aim what is my goal,
Despaired and demented searches my soul
The trivial things of life so sublime
Seeming to guide me beyond all times

Blindfolded by the eons of gloom
The acerbic feeling guiding me towards doom
Far from meaning and far from reason,
In the bondage of apathy, distant from freedom

My throat dry, my eyes heavy
My shoulders down, my walk unsteady
Oh! Jesus, what justice is this,
Far from blessing, elation and bliss

Shades of grey haunting the protagonist
Life seeming to be trite and insipid
Where is the fire, where is the passion
Where is the desire, where is the aggression

Something is terribly wrong in the plan
Cause life seems to be stagnant, dull and bland
Sources of happiness, hilarious at face
Seem to be jibing, looking down with disgrace

Keep calm and serene, the defence mechanism is on
The bishop trying to help the surrounded pawn
But the solution is void because the problem is vague
The more you try the faster it escapes

For the love of god, I need sanity to prevail
I am losing myself in this cumbersome trail
Trying extremely hard to figure out the end
Fed up of the gazillion futile attempts

But when life becomes a deadly curse
Horrendous to the core, with no one to nurse
A liability to be carried without an answer
A figure of sympathy dying of cancer

But again and again why should I blame life
Is it the system or the problem inside?
Compelling me to be a pessimist in existence
Trying to transform answers into questions

“Abhimanyu”, is the answer, “Abhimanyu” is the key
The paranormal sword to pierce melancholy
For the strength of character the man possessed
Beyond all doubts, beyond all transgress

I am what I am and I should proud to be,
Given an opportunity to face difficulty,
And break the Chakravyuh to give grief an exodus
Charred and bleeding but still emerging victorious

Cause what would be life without shades of grey
A monotonous bleat, a sardonic bray
The highs are to be cherished but the lows are what matter
Testing the substance, the strength of character

One has to realize the substantial question,
That each one of us possesses a “Ram” and a “Ravan”,
For those are defeated where “Ravan” dwells
And those who triumph are the ones where “Ram” excels.



Kanishka

No comments: