Friday, March 23, 2007

POISON ME!!


There she sits caressing her hair
The black silk which seems to entice
And for eternity am I ready to stare
Willing to pay any given price

The silhouette which that immortal castes
Even the shadow begins to breathe
For ages should this moment last
Till my patience begins to cede

And even Valentine would melt at the sight
As the pearl sweats down her neck
Leaving a trail it makes its way
Via the valley to her breast

She sits there, redefining curves
The marvel which I beget
Forcing me to sing ballads in her praise
Like Romeo pampered Juliet

She purifies the water when she bathes
Crouched beneath the basin I see
And this mischievous heart should mend its ways
Cause the lady deserves privacy

But who would teach a stubborn heart
The doctrines of decency
For all I know my love is pure
Devoid of sin, of vulgarity

Oops! I folly when I speak of heart
And of love and passion I boast
Alas! I died some years back
And what remains now is my ghost

Yes, I defy the laws of death
Cause how am I supposed to love
Ghosts are meant for wrath to bequeath
To screech in the air above

Yet, it restores eternal peace
The silence of a cave
And all I want is to stare at her
Is that a sin so grave


For who understands the killing grief
Killing to kill a ghost
I cannot touch, I cannot feel
The person I love the most

There she sleeps alone in our bed
A tear trickles down her eyes
Helplessly I stroke her head
But my love doesn’t recognize

Parched are her supple lips
Wrinkled are her cheeks
And again & again she negates to live
For my love is what she seeks

Coward that I am, for I cannot see
My love suffering this sorrow
And a loser returns to his cemetery
To hope for a better tomorrow

And there I go into that decaying carcass
The dampness of the grave
The coffin doesn’t help much either
For a solution is what I crave

There is just one question which I ask
Earnestly I beg before thy
Give me a remedy to end this task
The poison for a ghost to die.

- Kanishka

3 comments:

Unknown said...

MARVELS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE COMMENTED ON...THEY EXIST TO QUENCH THE THIRST OF PARCHED SOULS AND TO BE ENSCONCED WITHIN...!!!

Baba T said...

yea yea..ur best yet.....others didnt mean anything much except to you..but this one is really good.........ur growing up and becoming a poet!!!!!!!!!

BrownGirlInTheCloud said...

This means so much more...

What he really needs is poison AND a reincarnation..